Think the choice of your real estate agent does not make a difference in selling your house?
BCP fully furnished our client's small Cape Cod to present this nicely upgraded house with maximum visual impact upon buyers to drive a high sale price. Through our efforts, our client obatined a full price offer that is $35-60K more than other sellers obtained for comparably upgraded, larger houses in the same area during the same on-market period.
Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, 1350 finished sq.ft. Cape Cod house with a large, flat fenced yard located in Alexandria, Virginia. This house offers its new owner a home with upgrades throughout along with a beautiful high-end, full remodel of the kitchen.
The house also offers a rare feature – a detached 900 sq.ft. garage with 3 doors and space for 4 cars, with a long driveway with ample space for visitors to park.
This house is well-located for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor. A detailed summary is provided below on the mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova building a new Alexandria hospital and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
- The house opens to dining area with hardwood floors, a large triple window to provide natural light, and a view of the kitchen fireplace.
- The kitchen was fully remodeled in 2020, with high-end details, to include the granite, new cabinets with soft-close hinges, Kitchenaid appliances, a full-size pantry cabinet, a vent hood with a custom tile surround, coordinating tile backsplash, and under-cabinet task lighting. The kitchen also includes the wood-burning fireplace with a brick surround, with enough space for seating to enjoy this visually inviting space.
- The kitchen has access via a door with a stained glass window to a large deck (AxB), which provides ample space for two seating areas for casual dining and entertaining. The deck also provides direct access to the hot tub.
- The Living Room is off the kitchen, with a 9 foot ceiling, crown molding, a bay window, and a hand-scraped wood floor.
- The primary and second bedrooms will accommodate a Queen bed. The second bedroom has an en suite full bathroom, with custom tile for the shower enclosure and floor. The second full bathroom in the hall has been fully remodeled. The third bedroom is sized for a full bed or an office.
- The laundry/mechanical room is accessed through the Living Room, with enough space for a full size washer and dryer, a refrigerator or freeze, storage cabinet, and shelving.
- All light fixtures in the house have been updated.
- All door hardware has been upgraded to a satin nickel finish, with levers instead of knobs for a more elegant look and feel.
- The roof was replaced in 2017, with a transferrable 50 year warranty.
- The house windows are vinyl-clad, double-hung, tilt-in windows.
- The house has a tankless hot water heater (2008, with a 20 year life span).
- The detached garage has 3 doors, including a double-width door, with space for 4 cars. The 900 sq.ft. interior space provides a large space to be used for cars, a workshop, workout space, or a variety of entertaining uses. The garage is heated, with the system installed to allow for an AC unit to be added.
- The long driveway provides parking for up to six cars to accommodate guests.
- A large storage shed is located behind the garage.
- The rear of the 4/10th acre lot is flat with fencing along the sides and rear of the lot.
House Location Details:
- The house location provides quick access to the Beltway, 95, and 395.
- Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach.
- A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from the house, including a Wegmans, Kingstowne Towne Center, and Springfield Town Center.
- The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
- The house is in close proximity to medical facilities, as the Inova Springfield-Franconia Healthplex is a 5 minute drive from the house. The new World-class Inova Alexandria hospital to be built at the Landmark Mall redevelopment will be a 10 minute drive from the house, with this facility being the flagship of Inova’s health presence in Northern Virginia.
Update On Landmark Mall Redevelopment Project:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City December, 22, 2020 press announcement, City July 6, 2021 press announcement, and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (last link is to the video posted by the City to Facebook of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
A one-page summary document identifying the project details, timeline, and budgetary information from public sources is attached to this website (see at bottom of Overview section).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
- In July 2021, the City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- In September 2021, the City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
- The City will purchase the land parcels for the hospital in 2021 and 2022.
- The City approved Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
In addition to bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options ten minutes from 6209 Em Street, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).